This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that Powersportbuyers.com does not own or control, or to people that Powersportbuyers.com does not employ or manage.
This website is not intended for children, and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children. When you interact with Copart as a potential direct vehicle seller, you acknowledge that you are of legal age to enter into a contract to sell your vehicle to us.
- Powersportbuyers.com collects personal information when you sell a vehicle to or request a quote from Powersportbuyers.com.
- When you request a quote or sell a vehicle to Powersportbuyers.com, we may ask for information such as your name, address, email address, phone number, zip code, and other information related to the vehicle. Once you contact us and use our services, you are not anonymous to us.
- Powersportbuyers.com collects information about your transactions with us, including information relating to vehicles you sell through us.
- Powersportbuyers.com automatically receives and records information on our server logs regarding your sessions on Powersportbuyers.com websites or through the websites and related cookie information.
- Powersportbuyers.com uses information for the following general purposes: to contact you to facilitate your vehicle sale or to provide you with a vehicle quote, to coordinate any title transfer and ownership of the vehicle, and to comply with laws and regulations related to vehicle sales by you.
- We may provide the information to unaffiliated third parties who work on behalf of or with Powersportbuyers.com under data processing agreements, to communicate with you about your experience with Powersportbuyers.com
Powersportbuyers.com does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or nonaffiliated companies except under the following circumstances:
- We provide the information to trusted partners who work on behalf of or with Powersportbuyers.com under confidentiality agreements. These companies may use your personal information to help Powersportbuyers.com communicate with you about offers from Powersportbuyers.com, or collect your vehicle on our behalf. However, these companies do not have any independent right to share this information;
- We provide the information in response to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims, or upon receipt of a request from law enforcement;
- We transfer information about you to Copart, and any other affiliates as necessary for title transfer processing, and to any state and federal regulatory agencies as required by law.
Our website may contain electronic images known as Web Beacons (sometimes called single-pixel gifs) and are used along with cookies to compile aggregated statistics to analyze how our site and services are used. Web Beacons may be used in some of our emails to let us know which emails and links have been opened by recipients. This allows us to gauge the effectiveness of our customer communications and marketing campaigns. Our website may also contain Web Beacons that are set by our third-party partners. Web Beacons are used along with cookies enabling our partners to compile aggregated statistics to analyze how our site is used. We use a third party to gather information about how you and others use our website. For example, we will know how many users access a specific page and which links they clicked on. We use this aggregated information to understand and optimize how our site is used.
Our website may include links to other websites whose privacy policies may differ from ours. If you submit personal information to any of these websites, your information is governed by their privacy policies. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of any website you visit.
We limit access to personal information about you to employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs.
We have physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with applicable regulations to protect personal information about you.
If Powersportbuyers.com learns of a security systems breach we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. By using this website or providing personal information to us you agree that we can communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy and administrative issues relating to your use of this website. Powersportbuyers.com may post a notice on our website if a security breach occurs. Powersportbuyers.com may also send an email to you at the email address you have provided to us in these circumstances. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing. To receive free written notice of a security breach (or to withdraw your consent from receiving electronic notice) you should notify us at email@example.com.
Powersportbuyers.com takes your security seriously and takes reasonable steps to protect your information. No data transmission over the Internet or information storage technology can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. The following is a summary of the measures Powersportbuyers.com takes to protect your information and descriptions of ways we implement these measures for different types of information you may provide to us:
- Secure Socket Layer (SSL) – Powersportbuyers.com uses SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption when transmitting certain kinds of information, such as financial services information or payment information. An icon resembling a padlock is displayed on the bottom of most browsers window during SSL transactions that involve credit cards and other forms of payment. Any time Powersportbuyers.com asks you for a credit card number for payment or for verification purposes, it will be SSL encrypted. The information you provide will be stored securely on our servers.
- Vendors and Partners – Powersportbuyers.com works with vendors and partners to protect the security and privacy of user information.
- Employee and Contractor Access to Information – Powersportbuyers.com limits access to personal information about you to those employees who we reasonably believe need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs.
|A. Identifiers||A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, Social Security number, driver's license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.||YES|
|B. Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)).||A name, signature, Social Security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver's license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information. Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories.||YES|
|C. Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.||Age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information (including familial genetic information).||NO|
|D. Commercial information.||Records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.||NO|
|E. Biometric information.||Genetic, physiological, behavioral, and biological characteristics, or activity patterns used to extract a template or other identifier or identifying information, such as, fingerprints, faceprints, and voiceprints, iris or retina scans, keystroke, gait, or other physical patterns, and sleep, health, or exercise data.||NO|
|F. Internet or other similar network activity.||Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer's interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.||YES|
|G. Geolocation data.||Physical location or movements.||NO|
|H. Sensory data.||Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.||YES|
|I. Professional or employment-related information.||Current or past job history or performance evaluations.||NO|
|J. Non-public education information (per the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. Section 1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part 99)).||Education records directly related to a student maintained by an educational institution or party acting on its behalf, such as grades, transcripts, class lists, student schedules, student identification codes, student financial information, or student disciplinary records.||NO|
|K. Inferences drawn from other personal information.||Profile reflecting a person's preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.||NO|
Personal information does not include:
- Publicly available information from government records.
- De-identified or aggregated consumer information.
Information excluded from the CCPA’s scope, like:
- Health or medical information covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (CMIA) or clinical trial data;
- Personal information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FRCA), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) or California Financial Information Privacy Act (FIPA), and the Driver’s Privacy Protection Act of 1994.
We obtain the categories of personal information listed above from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from individuals who sell a vehicle to us.
- Directly and indirectly from activity on our website (https://www.Powersportbuyers.com/).
We may use or disclose the personal information we collect for one or more of the following business purposes:
- To purchase a vehicle from you.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- As necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property or safety of us, or others.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us is among the assets transferred.
We will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
We may disclose your personal information to a third party for a business purpose. When we disclose personal information for a business purpose, we enter a contract that describes the purpose and requires the recipient to both keep that personal information confidential and not use it for any purpose except performing the contract.
In the preceding twelve (12) months, we have disclosed the following categories of personal information for a business purpose:
Category A: Identifiers
Category B: California Customer Records personal information categories.
Category F: Internet or other similar network activity.
Category H: Sensory data
We disclose your personal information for a business purpose to the following categories of third parties:
- Our affiliates.
- Service providers.
In the preceding twelve (12) months, we have not sold any personal information.
The CCPA provides consumers (California residents) with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
- If we sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing:
- sales, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
- disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service providers to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either:
- Calling us at 800-998-1985
- Emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Only you or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
Response Timing and Format
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within 45 days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. If you have an account with us, we will deliver our written response to that account. If you do not have an account with us, we will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option. Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request’s receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
We reserve the right to amend this privacy notice at our discretion and at any time. When we make changes to this privacy notice, we will notify you by email or through a notice on our website homepage.
If you have any questions or comments about this notice, the ways in which we collect and use your personal information, your choices and rights regarding such use, or wish to exercise your rights under California law, please do not hesitate to contact us at:
Postal Address: Copart, Inc.
Attn: Data Protection Officer
14185 Dallas Parkway, Suite 300
Dallas, TX 75254